Did you know that you are entering the first quarter of 2019 for real estate? You may be thinking that was a typo since the rest of the business world would consider October to be the start of the fourth quarter. The calendar for a real estate business works differently than other business calendars due to the nature of real estate transactions. If you haven’t started planning for 2019, start now using the tips below.
If you’ve ever interviewed for a job, you’ve probably been asked to tell a little about yourself. This question will stump candidates and cause them to stumble if they’re not prepared for it. It’s a question that can make or break the interview for a candidate depending on how it’s handled.
Put it in Writing
When tasking yourself each day, it is important that you have these tasks in writing or typed. As we know it is very simple and easy to drift away from the tasks at hand. By having things in writing, it is considered a legitimate commitment to doing it.
Just as we are considered committed to a task when having something time blocked or having a contract for something specific. All of these are very important and in writing.
Writing an Effective Resume
1) Format Format Format: Is your resume easy to read with headings, bullet points, and a simple font?
2) Name, Phone Number, Email & City should be in your heading at the top of the page
3) Replace your “Objective” with a “Career Summary”
4) Identify Accomplishments, not just job descriptions
5) Add your graduation date(s) to school(s) attended
6) Cater your resume for the Industry: look up key words used in the job descriptions you are applying for and see if that applies to you
7 Signs of Talent
1) Talent finds solutions
2) Talent shares your goals and fulfills your needs as a natural by-product of fulfilling their own
3) Talent knows what they want or is actively searching to know
4) Talent pushes you
5) Talent is continually raising the bar
6) Talent demands to be associated with Talent and attracts Talent to them
7) Talent talks the language of action and results
– Kelly Williams Realty, Inc Career Visioning –
6 Interview Tips That Will Help You Get The Job
1. Research the company
2. Practice & prepare
3. Get Ready Ahead of Tiem
4. Be on Time (that means early)
5. Show What You Know
6. Follow Up
7-Step Interview Prep Plan
• Research the organization. This will help you answer questions and stand out from less-prepared candidates
• Compare your skills and qualifications to the job requirements
• Prepare responses
• Plan what to wear
• Plan what to bring
• Pay attention to non-verbal communication
• Follow up
Time blocking is a simple concept yet very important. The issue isn’t so much as to timing itself. There are 25 hours in a day, 7 days per week. There is no changing in that. The issue is how we control that time.
Are you being production and efficient with the time you are given? Your One Thing is the first thing you block out. Why? What is the ONE Thing you can do this week such that by doing it everything else will be easier or unnecessary? When you block out your time, there should be zero distractions and nothing to take you away from it.
Time blocking should also be put in writing and can be changed as much as needed to ensure deadlines and tasks are being met.
Control your time, stick with it, and the more you narrow down your focus, the more extraordinary your results will be.
The 80/20 Rule
20% of your efforts lead to 80% of your results. The principle was suggested by management thinker Joseph M. Juran. It was named after the Italian economist Vilfredo Pareto who discovered that 80% of income in Italy was received by 20% of the Italian population.
The assumption is that most of the results in any situation are determined by a small number of causes. There are certain things we do that account for the majority of our results.
Just remember, doing a lot of things is never a substitute for doing the right things. Focus on activities that produce the best outcomes and avoid activities that produce little to no results.