Well, this summer certainly came in like a wrecking ball! We are teetering on August and that means the majority of people are getting the last bit of vacation in. Probably even more so this year than ever!
So if you are sitting there dreaming of being poolside sipping on mojitos and still want a flourishing business, there are a few steps to take to make that happen. We all deserve downtime, self care is essential to a thriving you AND a thriving business. Here are five ways to set up your business to carry you through the rest of the summer and set yourself up for success for the remainder of the year.
1. Master your mornings: you may be thinking “where is she going with this” but let me tell ya.. The way you start the day is a big indicator of how the rest of your day is going to pan out. Wouldn’t you rather have a peaceful morning where you are not rushed for time and feeling like you are ahead of your day instead of rolling out of bed and rushing to the office with no time to stop for coffee? This is where you set yourself up for success. Get yourself out of bed, meditate if that’s your thing, go to the gym, journal your gratitude or intentions for the day. Get yourself prepared for what’s to come and start your day with the energy that you can conquer it all.
2. Timeblock: this one is HUGE. You need to lay out your day, have a clear picture of what the expectations are for the day so you can execute them properly. Your calendar should be planned a week in advance so that when Monday comes you are not flying by the seat of your pants. In your schedule you should have everything laid out, I recommend starting by filling in your non negotiables (Dr appts, childrens extracurriculars etc) and then move on to the daily tasks you have (for instance if you are a realtor or ISA you should have consistent lead generating time) and then move on to meetings/work related appts etc. Be sure to review your schedule for the next day every evening so you know what to expect for the next day.
3. Stick to your schedule: This is HUGE and sounds WAY easier than it actually is. We all know life and distractions can get in the way. However if we are building a business we have to act like it. We have time blocked our day for a reason and sure there are going to be times that there are conflicts with it that you just cannot escape, however that is when you have to erase and replace. Just because something came up during your time blocked lead generation time does not mean you can just skip it… you need to make time somewhere else.
4. Maintain your self care: This is also a big one and is vital to a growing business. We as entrepreneurs have a tendency to work ALL the time. While that is great, we are passionate about our careers, we need to make ourselves a priority too. Schedule in that self care time, weather it is an hour a day or a half day each week, this time is important to unwind, breathe and have those moments to yourself without the hustle and bustle of work ,/p>
5. When you are taking a day off or on vacation UNPLUG: we all deserve time off. When you are enjoying the last bit of your summer please remember to unplug. Set your vacation time up for success by making sure you have someone covering your business. YOU DESERVE IT!