Our ideal Director of Finance and Operations for Keller Williams Living Real Estate Brokerage is an individual that ideally has moderate levels of assertiveness, sociability, and adaptability. You can explain your ideas to others using facts and figures rather than emotions and feelings. You are not likely to be called a risk-taker at work and are thorough and cautious in your actions/decisions while understanding the urgency around moving the business forward. Others would say you have a high level of objectivity and impartiality in your actions and decision-making.
You must have the ability to work with numbers and technical information, have strong attention to detail, be cooperative, and work “by the book.” If you have a background in accounting, finance, bookkeeping, or similar you may be a fit for this position. Daily, weekly, and monthly numbers tracking, reporting, and forecasting is a large part of this role, and being able to speak intelligently to the finances of the office is incredibly important. You must be a confident decision-maker who can involve others as needed, be self-sufficient and self-accountable, and be able to manage your daily activities without a ton of oversight.
Those who know you best would say you get along well with others and want to be a help to others but do not allow socializing to get in the way of meeting your goals. You must establish and nurture business relationships with current and future associates/Agents in the office and must also be comfortable navigating and leading associates through people challenges that may arise. As the Director of Finance & Operations, you must understand that to run effectively and efficiently, the office must tend to its agent’s needs in such a way that they are receiving an extraordinary level of customer service and care as the Agent is your “client” and client care matters above all else. Occasionally you may assist agents and associates with duties that are not specifically defined.
You will be involved with administrative team members, agents/associates, and leadership team members parties on a daily basis, and will be tasked with supporting the operations staff and agents. You should be able to use consultation-based communication with the Agents and associates in the office and remain focused on building rapport to help promote retention within the office.
- Base salary plus a metric based bonus structure
- A competitive benefits package
- Paid holidays and vacation time
- Marketing Support
- Strategic coaching
- In-depth training
- Quarterly team retreats, fun outings, and client events
- Results-oriented, collaborative working environment
- Massive opportunity in one of the top real estate companies
- $60,000-$80,000 annually + Benefits + PTO
- Process all agent transaction commission records
- Manage all bookkeeping for the office including, not limited to, bank requisition, vendor payments, and monthly agent billing
- Complete end of month close-out (transmittal) and monthly post-transmittal regional reporting
- Engage fully in the systems, tools, and conversations of growth to drive the brokerage and associates to profitability through consistent growth in obtaining market share
- Lead your brokerage staff in implementing powerful growth systems and tools that associates can leverage to grow their market share
- Lead strategic, financial decision-making, to ensure appropriate bookkeeping and accounting systems are accurately maintained, and officially close the books monthly.
- Lead associates to implement the same systems in their businesses.
- Collaborate with Leadership Team to build strong systems that enable the Team Leader to regularly conduct market share recruiting appointments
- Help construct financial projections and regularly communicate actual numbers.
- Support the team in identifying solutions if actual results are not in alignment with goals.
- Lead systematic communications of value to current and potential associates
- On a daily basis, identify the amount of revenue that has been received for the month, and the amount that is pending
- Build systems to ensure all associates in production have business goals
- Consult with associates on shared business-building fundamentals around financials
- Lead support and operational systems that empower associate businesses
- Ensure all associate transactions are accurately recorded and tracked
- Implement full charge bookkeeping (A/R and A/P) and manage banking and accounting
- Oversee purchase and maintenance of supplies, equipment, and technology
- Complete weekly soft closes and communicate key numbers, any anticipated challenges, and any opportunities to celebrate to the rest of the brokerage Leadership Team
- Complete monthly closes and transmit monthly data on time
- Draft meeting agendas and record minutes
- Professional demeanor, possessing a strong desire to be cooperative, and work “by the book.”
- Calm under pressure
- Some project management experience
- Self-starter with high-level problem-solving skills
- Persistent with strong follow-up skills, and comfortable with routine
- Highly driven to succeed and eager to learn
- A team player looking to expand their career in a focused, strategic environment
- Minimum of 2 years accounting or finance experience preferred
- Prior experience in the real estate industry preferred
- Working knowledge Excel, Google Business, CRMs, and personality profiling preferred