The Transaction Coordinator is an individual who is outgoing, draws energy from working with people, demonstrates a high degree of optimism, and is incredibly detail-oriented. They have a strong sense of urgency, but not at the expense of quality. In addition, this person demonstrates on a daily basis the knowledge, attitudes, skills, and habits of a high achiever who is committed to putting clients first, doing the right thing, and seeking win-win agreements. The Transaction Coordinator must be adaptable to change and be solution-oriented. This individual will manage the entire contract-to-close process efficiently and effectively to ensure all transactions close on time, with little or no hassle to clients and third parties. This individual must provide exceptional customer service and be a true team player!
Provide exceptional customer service throughout the entire closing process
Act as liaison between real estate agents, clients, attorneys, escrow companies, and mortgage brokers during the process of a real estate sale and effectively manage the administrative tasks involved in closing a sale
● Create timelines and follow up with individuals as needed to ensure all deadlines are met and contingencies are released
● Maintain accurate and compliant files for all transactions
● Understand the contracts in order to summarize all important terms, conditions, and contingency dates
● Efficiently utilize DocuSign and Dropbox
● Communicate with the agent several times throughout the transaction including all important dates, missing documents, calendar reminders, file compliance status, etc.
● Communicate regularly with the client to send them reminders, follow up, and let them know what to expect in each step of the closing process
● Establish relationships with all third parties including lenders, inspectors, appraisers, and all agents in order to ensure a smooth closing process and share relevant information
● Draft any addenda needed along the way and keep a record of them on file and ensure they are shared with relevant parties
● Be the first point of contact/resource for all questions that arise throughout the closing process from the agent (and client, attorneys, lenders, appraisers, other transaction coordinators/Realtors, etc.)
● Stay in good communication with the agent if any issues arise that they need to handle or negotiate
● Coordinate closing date, time, and location and notify all parties
● Notify client about utility accounts to set up/cancel
● Close out the file after the closing including changing the MLS status to closed for our listings, double-checking the file, making an electronic copy of the HUD/ CD (closing disclosure), and processing the check.
● Follow up with clients after the sale to follow up and request a testimonial
● Agents - Daily
● Sellers - Daily
● Buyers - Daily
● Venders - Daily Knowledge/Skills
● Excellent at building rapport
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Exceptional organizational skills
● Solution-based mindset
● Highly detail-oriented
● Willing to learn scripts and dialogues
● High school graduate
● Marketing experience is a major bonus!